Today I bought three Pink Lady apples. Then I dropped them as I was putting them away on my food shelf.
Reminded me of a random apple memory from childhood…
Mum took me to the supermarket for groceries and she bought for me a Golden Delicious apple, just one, because they were my favourite and I wanted one. That was how I learnt that you could go to the supermarket and only buy one of something if you wished. Sounds stupid but before that I had always thought that you had to buy lots of each thing. Guess that’s what usually happens when you’re buying for a family of five.
I dropped my Golden Delicious apple while we were still in the shop. Mum didn’t scold me, but later when we got home, it was all bruised. That’s how I discovered that if you drop your apples, they bruise.
I learnt two things that day! What an amusing memory.
I just finished my Pink Lady apple and gave my dog the core. He loves apple cores, he eats them and just leaves the stalk and the seeds.
- Music flash cards. I’ve been using them so much with my students this past week.
- Freshly flossed teeth. I have become such a geek about clean teeth.
- Gatsby “Moving Rubber” hair wax.
- Driving down Plane Tree Drive when it’s breezy and autumnal. It’s amazing, like a car advertisement, with the brown leaves floating down at your windscreen.
- Photographing people’s rooms.
- Successfully getting Bear Bear to “wait”. But he tends to freak out if I move out of sight and then it doesn’t work… Damn psycho dog.
- Tongue twisters.
- My new notebook. It’s my first foray into unlined pocket notebooks. The lack of lines is so liberating! (I’m such a nerd.)